[asterisk-dev] ast_module_info(_standard)\? discrepancy (and standard_app_args)

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Aug 17 12:57:00 CDT 2007

On Friday 17 August 2007 11:52:30 Caio Begotti wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 07:38:39 -0500 Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > I'd leave it alone.  This is like the difference between
> > AST_STANDARD_APP_ARGS and AST_NONSTANDARD_APP_ARGS.  While STANDARD is a
> > subset of the other, it makes it easier to develop for the plurality of
> > applications which don't need the extra functionality.
>
> Shouldn't it be a real standard for both cases? I mean, there are two
> ways to use ast_module_info* and there are two ways to use
> *standard_app_args and for common people they could be, like, merged?

The point isn't to make the API compact.  It's to make the API expressive as
to what we need.  They compile to exactly the same thing anyway.  One's simple
and the other is expressive.

> I'm not experienced on Asterisk internals, but
> ast_nonstandard_app_args would be useless if that migration from ','
> to '|' and back to ',' is already done, right?

No, one function uses the quote mark as a separator.  Again, one API for the
common case and one expressive enough to handle some edge cases.

> Is it allowed to use random separator character anyway?

Yes.

--
Tilghman