[asterisk-dev] Asterisk DTMF unreliable -- Vitelity--GoDaddy

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Aug 15 23:59:35 CDT 2007

Steve Totaro wrote:

> Why not use SIP?  They even suggest it when setting up your account.
> NAT issues?

Two reasons: first, I do indeed have NAT all over the place, although I
think Luigi's recent work may make that a non-issue.

The bigger reason, though, is that I want to support IAX, which I
believe overall to be a superior protocol.  If we all knuckle under to
the weenie ITSPs who don't try very hard to get IAX right, we make it
more difficult for the protocol to gain acceptance in the marketplace.

MO only; this is a religious issue as much as a technical one.

b.

believed to be clean.