[asterisk-dev] AMR-NB

Chris Dobbs chris_dobbs at dobbscr.karoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 02:42:22 CDT 2007

All,
I have just compiled and built the AMR-NB codec to asterisk; I created the following

codecs/amr_slin_ex.h   codecs/codec_amr.c   codecs/codec_amr.o   codecs/slin_amr_ex.h
put the amr codec code in sub-dir codecs/amr, basically copied how the other codecs were laid out and produced the

 codecs/codec_amr.so

installed it in the codecs directory and ran up asterisk, however when I type "show codecs" I don't see the AMR one in the list ?   is there something else I need to change to tell asterisk about this?

I did notice this in the startup log:

[codec_amr.so] => (AMR-NB Transcoder)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/codecs.conf': Found
Aug 14 21:28:11 WARNING[24627]: codec_amr.c:148 amrtolin_new: amrtolin_new
  == Registered translator 'amrtolin' from format unknown to slin, cost 11
Aug 14 21:28:11 WARNING[24627]: codec_amr.c:184 lintoamr_new: lintoamr_new
  == Registered translator 'lintoamr' from format slin to unknown, cost 134

Any help appreciated,
-Chris Dobbs