[asterisk-dev] meetme and DTMF going from Zap to SIP-IAX2

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Aug 10 09:10:59 CDT 2007

Tony Mountifield wrote:
> You shouldn't need all the SLA stuff from Meetme just to add the DTMF
> frame forwarding to conf_run().

Absolutely.  Just adding DTMF passthrough shouldn't be that difficult.  Just
look for conf_queue_dtmf().  It's actually pretty trivial ...

> Unless there's more to it than I thought. I haven't studied the SLA code
> yet, since all I need is standard conferencing functionality. I always
> wondered why SLA wasn't a separate module...

The SLA code is within app_meetme because meetme is the only way we have to
bridge more than 2 channels together in Asterisk.  Hopefully that will change
soon.  There is a bridging API in the works that will make developing features
that need to be able to conference channels together much easier.  *pokes jcolp*  :)

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer