[asterisk-dev] Better pattern matching

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Thu Aug 2 12:01:53 CDT 2007

VK> Or putting it shorter - there's no considerable gain from this
VK> (even will break formatting and make it a bit harder to read), and
VK> will create nice possibilities for abuse and problems...

There is a gain. I have debugged dial plans where the pattern was
typed wrong on one line. Especially when copy-pasting or when changing
patterns, it would make life much easier if you only had to correct it
once.

Personally I'd prefer a syntax like AEL, but there is no way I'll
touch anything which compiles to something as complicated as the
current extensions.conf syntax. One day we can hopefully have
something like AEL as the native format.

/Benny