[asterisk-dev] More manager, more manager, more manager

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Apr 25 23:09:16 MST 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 09:29:46PM +0200, Olle E Johansson wrote:
> FYI:
> I've started a new YAOB (YAOB = yet another Olle branch) to clean up
> and add to manager a bit. It's based
> on 1.4, for some specific reasons. It's called "moremanager"
>
> I'm proposing to implement this cleanup in trunk and update the
> manager revision from 1.0 to 1.1 to indicate
> the changes.
>
> Among the changes are things to make it easier to write a parser,
> like Always having the Result/Response or
> Event: header as the first line in an event, and try to be more
> consequent in naming the current channel "Channel"
> - not Channel1, SrcChannel, THischannel or ThatChannel.
>
> I've documented the changes for your review. Please read and comment
> or - you can do it - test it!
>
> http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/oej/moremanager/
> CHANGES.moremanager

Anything on the issue of permissions for manager actions?

For instance, the Originate action is too powerful, as it allows the
originator to originate a call to an arbitrary context and using an
arbitrary application. Hence can instruct Asterisk to run a System()
command.

Is there a need for a more limited Originate-like action?

What is the meaning of each of the permissions we have?

What exactly is the meaning of the "log" permission?
What exactly is the meaning of the "system" permission? What is
read=system?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org