[asterisk-dev] DTMF length (Re: [svn-commits] russell: branch 1.4 r61763 - /branches/1.4/main/channel.c)

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Tue Apr 24 09:44:10 MST 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:41:48 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote
> asterisk at ntplx.net wrote:
> > So my vote is to drop it to 80ms tone and force a 45ms delay until the next
> > DTMF digit as part of the total time (if it could be done that way).
>
> Thanks for the feedback!  I will work on it right now.  I will change
> the minimum digit length to 80ms, and enforce a gap of at least 45ms
> between digits.

I think it should be possible to configure the pause and digit lengths
starting from the minimum allowed value (50ms is the pulse which is sent from
the alarms to app_alarmreceiver for example) and up to 500ms at least - had a
problem with device requiring 300ms to detect (inband) digits properly. So my
suggestion is to have this as a variable configurable per device and use the
defaults (80ms/40ms) if not configured.