[asterisk-dev] DTMF length (Re: [svn-commits] russell: branch 1.4 r61763 - /branches/1.4/main/channel.c)

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Apr 24 09:28:48 MST 2007

> > So my vote is to drop it to 80ms tone and force a 45ms delay until
> the next
> > DTMF digit as part of the total time (if it could be done that way).
>
> Thanks for the feedback!  I will work on it right now.  I will change
> the minimum digit length to 80ms, and enforce a gap of at least 45ms
> between digits.

I've generally found that all DTMF recognition timing issues pretty much
disappear for me with a length of 50 ms or greater and a spacing of at least
45ms or greater, so 80/45 should be fine. If necessary, you can bump it up
by 5ms increments as needed.

100/50 should work on just about everything in the US. Not sure about the
rest of the world.