[asterisk-dev] app_voicemail.c developpement

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Apr 19 12:41:00 MST 2007

On Thursday 19 April 2007 09:59, David Florella wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > David Florella wrote:
> > > I have the project to personalize the voicemail's IVR. During
> > > the intro message (when you call the voicemail of someone),
> > > Asterisk pronounce the number of the personal extension
> > > number by number (like that : 0.1..2.3.) and I would like it
> > > pronounce it by couple of numbers (like that :  01.23.).
> > >
> > > I have read on forums that I have to modify the app_voicemail.c
> > > to do it.  Is there another solution to modify the voicemail's
> > > IVR without modify the app_voicemail.c ? And I want to know
> > > if you have ideas about the way I can do this modificaton ?
> >
> > The routine you're looking for is invent_message() in
> > app_voicemail.c.  What you'll probably want to do is
> > replace the call to ast_say_digit_str() with
> > multiple calls to ast_say_number().
>
> Thank you for your answer. When I try your solution, Asterisk only
> read the first digit of the personal extension number. Do you have
> another idea to resolve my problem?

I did not post a solution.  I posted a starting point from which you may
derive your own solution.  Where you are now is the developers list,
where you may seek assistance with the code.  If it is a solution that
you are looking for, you are on the wrong list.  Please ask for
solutions on the -biz list.

--
Tilghman