[asterisk-dev] Custom SIP headers and reinvites

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 05:45:41 MST 2007

> These are two separate invites. The issue here is the lack of
> transaction support
> in the chan_sip implementation... I would define sip_header to a
> function that
> gets headers from the INVITE that opened the dialog, not "the latest"
> invite.

The "latest" INVITE can not be completely ignored because it may contain
some dialog-modifying headers (such as the Contact or maybe some X-Headers
in the future). If this is modeled in the spirit of RFC 3261 such that the
transaction and dialog state machines are two completely separate entities,
then the function should get the header from the dialog context instead of
the transaction context. The transaction state machine is ephemeral. It is
the dialog state machine that will persist during the life of the session.

Raj