[asterisk-dev] confused with CHECK_BLOCKING

Yuan Qin yuan007qin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 00:07:32 MST 2007

Hello, guys

    Now I am confused with the macro CHECK_BLOCKING and the channel blocker,

    Firstly I have known that CHECK_BLOCKING is used for detecting some
errors, for example, you cannot read an fd that has
polled somewhere. The chan_zap and chan_phone check the flag when read but
other channels don't, Why?
    Secondly, what is the reason for use CHECK_BLOCKING in some write
functions, such as ast_write, ast_sendtext.
    Thirdly, I think that the assignment expression in ast_read()
chan->blocker = pthread_self() is useless because no one knows
there is a blocker except the AST_FLAG_BLOCKING set.

    Any information would be appreciated.

--
    Regards