[asterisk-dev] SOX creates distortion on WAVE to GSM conversion

abalashov at evaristesys.com abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Apr 9 15:22:31 MST 2007

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, John Lange said something to this effect:

> Anyhow, those people that are really unhappy might consider moving over
> to the other project (which I won't mention here since its bad karma)
> which is a fork of Asterisk.

   Pragmatically, I'd say it's not really a big deal.  All but the most
inexperienced Internet denizens generally have a pretty thick skin,
in my experience, and it's not necessarily unreasonable to assume that.

   But it makes this list and Digium look quite bad.  That accounts for the
bulk of my concern.  Personally, if you flame me to crisp, I will not be
terribly perturbed, and I'm sure that's equally true of the people that
object to this type of conduct in principle.

--
Alex Balashov <sasha at presidium.org>