[asterisk-dev] List of Zaptel/Libpri 1.2->1.4 changes

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Sep 27 14:31:32 MST 2006

Here is a simple list of changes I noted going through commit logs for
the zaptel/libpri 1.4 release.  This will become the CHANGES file
respectively in each project for the 1.4 release.  If anybody has any
additional things that I have missed in my huntings, please let me
know.

New libpri features 1.2->1.4:
======================
RLT support (Two B-channel transfer) for DMS100.

Support for keypad facility IE

Add support for T309 (Alarm debounce on D-channel, so that it doesn't
hang up all calls every time a short alarm occurs).

New Zaptel features:
================
Fxotune got a rewrite.  It not only tunes the hybrid, but also it tunes
the onboard coefficients.  It works significantly better now, and it
doesn't take nearly as long to tune the line.  So if you've run it
already on your line, re-run it.  It should tune even better to the
line now.

ZT_LOOPBACK ioctl added.  Used for cross connecting the received audio
on a channel (from the line) to the transmit side.  Useful for doing
single channel loopbacks like SS7 continuity tests.

The MG2 echo canceler is now the default echo canceler.  It has
underwent some optimizations/improvement over the 1.2 version of MG2.

Support for doing HDLC on the hardware on cards that support it
(TE2xxp/TE4xxp)

Support for Xorcom Astribank hardware.

Added a filter for removing DC from the signal before it hits the echo
canceler.

Add support for unchannelized mode w/ TE110P.

Allow for up to 1024 echo taps to be used with the echo canceler
selected.

Added timeslot interchange support on the TDM2400P card. (native
bridging on the card).

Added support for new Octasic based echo canceler on the TE4XXP and
TE2XXP cards.

Added support for radio modules on the TDM24XXP from Jim Dixon.

Added support for B410P driver installation.

Added support for new zaptel transcoding interface for the TC400P.

Added support for variable length DTMF.

Added support for 56kbps SS7 links using hardware HDLC mode.

---
Matthew Fredrickson