[asterisk-dev] Question about hup_handler & deadlocks

Jay Hoover jay at snapvine.com
Sun Sep 24 20:10:20 MST 2006

Ok, I'll go figure out why I'm getting so many SIGHUP. These are coming in
at a pretty steady clip on our production machines, several times an hour.
There's probably an unrelated bug somewhere causing this.

As for the deadlock, I agree with Nic that the issue in hup_hanlder should
probably get addressed. I'm happy to assist with a patch for this but I
don't think I understand Asterisk threading well enough to know which
threads is the proper place to perform the actual reload or how to make sure
that I don't end up causing other deadlocks in this situation. Any
suggestions?

Thanks again,
Jay