[asterisk-dev] using Hardware TDM switch

M Desai mdesai_1970 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 07:02:50 MST 2006

I am trying out an old HW card which has one T1/E1 line, 8 POTS ports (4 FXO and 4 FXS) and a IDT TSI.I am trying to hack Zaptel to use the HW TSI so that only the signaling needs to be done in SW  and the TDM channels for data will be handled in HW.

Looks like I need only to change Zaptel to achieve this. Any advise on this from the gurus out there ? Is this feasible ?

Also looks like the Octasic code attempts something along these lines but I presume the TDM switch is inside the Octasic 6100 can be used only to switch TDM channels inside the Echo canceller.

M Desai