[asterisk-dev] Playing sound down a channel

Darren Younger darren.younger at nightfire.com.au
Fri Sep 15 15:45:21 MST 2006

Does anybody know if it is possible to play a sound file down a channel that
is already bridged in a call?

Basically, agent is talking to customer, need to play a sound file to the
customer, and then continue the call.

This is best described in:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+features.conf

"By way of example, consider the case of a money lender who has to play
compliance messages to the caller. If the compliance message is pre-recorded
rather than read live from a script, then the company's liabilities are
reduced. So, we would like to replace "tt-monkeys", above, with
"compliancemessage". However, the caller doesn't know how long the message
is (it could be changed at any time by the management), so how will they
know that it has been/is being played?"

I have got that functionality working, and this may be good enough as an
alternative.
Is there a way to initiate a "feature" through the asterisk manager?
IE instead of agent pressing "#9" on their phone, I need to initiate it
through the asterisk manager.

Is that possible?

Thx
Darren