[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Appliance?

Khelik Mikhail mixel.net at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 10:08:54 MST 2006

> If you read between the lines, it is an open architecture. It happens to
> be the "business edition" and happens to use a processor different from
> the standard PC. Presumably access to the box is limited (via
> passwords), however a cross compiler is shipped with the dev kit to
> allow you to write applications for it.

You know, for a lot of developers and hobbyist  the non x86 processor
is not an exotic but the everyday routine and many of them can compile
the corresponding cross-compiler without help.

> If you had to support such a box (in very large numbers), you'd want
> something that is supportable and stable, and that's what I read into
> the documentation.

Yes, I think it's good product in this case without doubts but not all
needs this. I just want to tell why not just give simple description
of the architecture as is with out any support for the open hardware
enthusiasts to merge the projects.