[asterisk-dev] Re: [asterisk-announce] Digium G.729 codec binaries updated

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Sep 11 20:11:21 MST 2006

----- Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy at karlsbakk.net> wrote:
> Do you know if it will be? Having a jitterbuffer and not being able
> to use the plc isn't good. For most uses our tests show higher
> bitrate codecs and plc+jb make better audio on lossy links than g.729
> without plc+jb.

I can't answer your question, except to say that right now spending time on enabling and testing PLC in the G.729 codec module is not high on my priority list :-)

However, once Asterisk 1.4 is out, I can certainly schedule someone to get that done, and then we can release updated codec binaries with PLC support.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer