[asterisk-dev] Re: [asterisk-announce] Digium G.729 codec binaries updated

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Mon Sep 11 07:47:01 MST 2006

>> does the new codec work with the new jitterbuffercode? the new jb
>> code has a plc, but iirc this cannot be used with non-linear codecs
>> like g.729, and g.729 has its own. does this work now?
>
> No functionality changes have been made.

Do you know if it will be? Having a jitterbuffer and not being able
to use the plc isn't good. For most uses our tests show higher
bitrate codecs and plc+jb make better audio on lossy links than g.729
without plc+jb.

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
roy at karlsbakk.net
(+47) 98013356
---
In space, loud sounds, like explosions, are even louder because there
is no air to get in the way.