[asterisk-dev] bug #7911

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Mon Sep 11 04:42:55 MST 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 12:16:14PM +0100, Steve Davies wrote:

> And I respectfully have to agree with the first two posters that the
> current structure is un-natural (IMHO symlinks are more a temporary
> workaround than a fix).
> You say "The problem with that approach is that it assumes that you
> have a base directory" - I would respond "You appear to have
> identified your problem then :-)"

Unfortunately Digium like the rest of the US has assumed there is no
other country other than the US so make the "base" direcory containing
the files themselves.

If they were good world citizens the "base" would be under US (as that's
their ISO code) just like .com should really be under .us, but that's
history.

Of course UK should really be GB, but that's another rant altogether :)

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44-(0)7775 755503
UK +44-(0)20 79932612 / US +1-(310)8577715 / Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype/GoogleTalk/AIM/Gizmo/Mac stevekennedyuk / MSN steve at gbnet.net
Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com