[asterisk-dev] G729 codec for trunk updated again... now it works

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Sep 8 21:35:25 MST 2006

Nevermind.  I just realized looking over the logs that Asterisk
was running when I copied codec_g729a.so into the modules directory.

No calls active, nothing using the system (and I had thought I
had shut it down after earlier testing).  Copying the file in
with Asterisk running caused a segfault and safe_asterisk did it's
job, fast enough that I didn't even notice it.

I just shutdown and restarted asterisk and I am seeing much better
numbers (16~22ms).

Sorry for the noise and thanks again,
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Kevin P.
Fleming
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 9:17 PM
To: Asterisk Developers Mailing List
Subject: Re: [asterisk-dev] G729 codec for trunk updated again... now it
works

----- Dan Austin <Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com> wrote:
> 32-bit/i686 on a PIII.  /proc/cpuinfo claims I have sse...

Well, it's not clear what is happening here. I just tried both the 1.2
and 1.4 versions of the codec on my Celeron-based laptop and got
identical timing numbers for them. Let's see if we get any more reports
of this problem and try to isolate what may be causing it.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer