[asterisk-dev] Re: app_queue member naming and AMI events

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Sep 8 18:02:41 MST 2006

----- Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> Why is AgentCallbackLogin being deprecated anyway?
> Isn't it useful functionality?

Not really, no. It adds a lot of complexity and additional layers of locking that are not needed, but more importantly, other parts of Asterisk are not aware of these 'proxy' channels that live in between the real channel and the bridge, and it causes problems with transfers, recording, spying, etc.

We've decided that since the entire functionality of it can be done with a small amount of dialplan logic, which introduces none of these problems, that we are better off in the long term to use the simpler-to-maintain solution.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer