[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Makefile

Maxi Belino maxi.belino at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 07:15:53 MST 2006

2006/9/8, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>:

> ----- Maxi Belino <maxi.belino at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When recompiling asterisk it removes the .h file from asterisk headers
> > dir.
>
> This is not correct. When _installing_ Asterisk it does this. This is
> because the Makefile rightly assumes that it _owns_ the
> /usr/include/asterisk directory, so that it can ensure that old headers are
> not left around to cause problems.

Yes, your are right, i should have said "recompiling asterisk and installing
it again" (make; make install)

> I believe the solution might be to modify the * Makefile since the
> > Makefile removes the new headers.
> > We would like to include our header file as an "old" header so it
> > won't be deleted when recompiling *
>
> If you are distributing your application as a patch against an Asterisk
> source tree, then you don't need to do anything special at all. If you are
> not, then why do you need to install a header into /usr/include/asterisk?

Our app uses functions already defined in an * app
Therefore we modified also the * app
Then we created a .h file so our app can use these functions from * app
We placed this header file in * headers dir because we thought is the right
way to do it  (...no?)

> (working with asterisk 1.2.4)
>
> You are seven releases behind, and sometime today you will eight releases
> behind. Not that it has any impact on this issue, but there have been
> probably more than 200 bugs fixed since 1.2.4.

yes, i'm aware

--
> Kevin P. Fleming
> Senior Software Engineer