[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Makefile

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Sep 8 05:55:44 MST 2006

----- Maxi Belino <maxi.belino at gmail.com> wrote:
> When recompiling asterisk it removes the .h file from asterisk headers
> dir.

This is not correct. When _installing_ Asterisk it does this. This is because the Makefile rightly assumes that it _owns_ the /usr/include/asterisk directory, so that it can ensure that old headers are not left around to cause problems.

> I believe the solution might be to modify the * Makefile since the
> Makefile removes the new headers.
> We would like to include our header file as an "old" header so it
> won't be deleted when recompiling *

If you are distributing your application as a patch against an Asterisk source tree, then you don't need to do anything special at all. If you are not, then why do you need to install a header into /usr/include/asterisk?

> (working with asterisk 1.2.4)

You are seven releases behind, and sometime today you will eight releases behind. Not that it has any impact on this issue, but there have been probably more than 200 bugs fixed since 1.2.4.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer