[asterisk-dev] Digium G.729 codec binaries updated (or DEA is abonehead)

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Sep 7 08:42:33 MST 2006

>> I've had a chance to run a few more tests.  I disabled transcode via
>> SLIN and tried a few more calls.  Any transcoding between endpoints
>> (G729<->ULAW) results in a load white-noise like static with no
>> discernable traces of the original audio signal.  A G729 call into
>> a MeetMe room results in an instant segfault.

> Very bizarre indeed. I had a couple of people test these before
> uploading them, and they appeared to work properly.

> Can you tell which CPU-optimized version you are using, and on what
> specific type of CPU? Does the problem occur if you use a
less-optimized
> version (like the i686 or i386 one)?

So far I have only tested the 32bit/i686.  Show version in Asterisk
indicates that I have it compiled as i686.

Like the Rob, my system is a PIII, so perhaps it is an issue with
that CPU.  I'll try an i386 build shortly.

Dan