[asterisk-dev] Re: [asterisk-users] Digum g729 and g723

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 08:49:48 MST 2006

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> it's here: --link removed-- as mentioned below.
> click on the DOWNLOAD label
>
> roy

It looks interesting, but I would ask a few questions:

a) is this the code that Digium sells (highly optimized) or is it just
the ITU sample code (not so well optimized)

b) is there any restriction on the copying of this code or is it GPL?

c) who is distributing this code, and are they doing so with the
author's permission?

d) before you rush off to compile this code and install it on your
gateways, is anyone certain that it hasn't been tampered with/booby
trapped?  My G.729 patches are relatively brief patches to Intel's code,
so it is easy to inspect my code for security.  The link given here
contains an archive with 40,000 lines of code - not so easy to check for
a backdoor.

Regards,

Daniel