[asterisk-dev] Measuring PDD

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Fri Sep 1 05:14:17 MST 2006

Rushowr a écrit :

>Well, you can do what I do. Very very basic outline:
>
>1. Put ${EPOCH} into var_start_proc at the beginning of the call
>2. Last command before dial, put another ${EPOCH} value into var_end_proc
>3. $[var_end_proc - var_start_proc] = Your processing time (var_procdur)
>4. $[(${DIALEDTIME} - ${ANSWEREDTIME}) - ${var_procdur}] = your PDD

Hi,

${DIALEDTIME} - ${ANSWEREDTIME} isn't really a good measurment of the PDD, because it includes the time that the phone has been ringing. The PDD (post dialing delay) is the time that has been spent between the time at which asterisk received the call and the time the called party /starts ringing/...

What do you think?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.