[asterisk-dev] Measuring PDD

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Fri Sep 1 00:46:08 MST 2006

Hi List,

I've tried to check the docs to see if there was a variable measuring
PDD (post dialing delay), but I haven't found any. PDD is the time
between a call is received and an extension either a) starts ringing or
b) if there is no ring, the channel is answered.

So if there is no way to retrieve such a variable, please consider this
as a kind request to add a ${PDD} variable which would be accessible in
the dialplan (and being able to write it to CDRs would be great too).
PDD is one of the indicators which is commonly used to measure the
quality of a route in wholesale telecommunications industry.

Best Regards,
Jean-Michel.