[asterisk-dev] IAX2 still broken

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Oct 31 23:41:54 MST 2006

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Anton wrote:

> 1.4svn IAX2 stops responding after some while (usually 2-5
> hours) and asterisk needs to be restared than to restore
> IAX2 operation. Theren is no segfault or log data. I'll try
> to get any logs or stable condition (i suppose some amount
> of calls must pass through). And I'll fill bug report ASAP.
> I was just wondering if that already known behaviour of
> 1.4svn - since it appears not just after start.

I see the same thing happening here.. I'll be happy to add my comments
and findings to any existing bug reports and/or open a new one on this,
but I wanted to give it a day or so and see if anyone else came forward.

Basically, I am unable to use 1.4svn for IAX2 traffic at this point,
because it just "stops" as the user described above. I also get some weird
CLI hangs where the CLI locks up and/or the system goes off into space and
will not do anything when you issue a "stop now".

I can provide access to our development box if anyone cares to log in and
run Asterisk under GDB...

> On 1 November 2006 10:05, Russell Bryant wrote:
> > Anton wrote:
> > > 1.4svn IAX2 still broken, Can anyone please give any
> > > info is there any work in progress to make it usable
> > > again?
> >
> > We can only fix bugs that are reported.  Given that you
> > have provided absolutely zero useful bits of information
> > in this email, I don't think there is much we can do to
> > help you.
> >
> > Have you filed a bug report, or is there an existing
> > report you are referring to?

                             KP-216-121-ST