[asterisk-dev] why 'o' (preserve original callerid) is not default in app_dial.c ?

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Tue Oct 31 23:22:50 MST 2006

On 11/01/06 11:37 Russell Bryant said the following:
> This sounds like it could be a bug to me.  I would think processing this
> option would come after the call to ast_request(), but before
> ast_call().  However, I have a feeling that not many people use the 'o'
> option, so that could be why it was never reported.

we do, just to show proper callerid during blind and attended transfers.
however, using the 'o' option affects the filename of the recording should
touch recording be used, giving both src and destination extensions the
same number.

i've been thinking of patching res_features to use cid_rdnis for the
destination portion of the filename, but if its not guaranteed to be set,
then this may not work.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/