[asterisk-dev] VoiceMail Modularization

Carlton O'Riley carlton at oriley.net
Fri Oct 27 17:50:47 MST 2006

Sorry, to send again, but I accidently responded to a thread the first time:

Is anyone already working on modularizing app_voicemail to allow for
custom control of the voicemail navigation?  I've started to work on
exposing more of the internal functions of app_voicemail to accomplish
this.  I think this is one of the hard selling points for those
replacing current legacy PBX's (or even just the voicemail part of the
PBX's) is the inability to create a dialplan or AGI script with the
navigation controls (i.e. 1 to play messages, 2 to send messages, etc).
I have a PBX at one of my offices that you have to dial *d to delete a
message.  It's absolutely absurd, but I bet all the users are so used to
it now they wouldn't want it to change.  I don't want to duplicate
anything that's already being done, and I'm more than happy to
contribute it all when it's done.