[asterisk-dev] zaptel helper script

John Lange j.lange at epic.ca
Fri Oct 27 12:50:06 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 19:25 +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 11:50:38AM -0500, John Lange wrote:
> > Putting init.d logic in a binary? Is that what he is saying? That can't
> > be what he really means since the attached file is a script.
>
> It is. You could have easily checked it.
>
> And yes: after seeing 5 different implementation of wait_for_devzap ,
> and mostly buggy ones, I would rather that we provide one that works.

I'm confused. The only file attached to the bug report is a script, not
a binary.

> > In anycase I believe whatever logic is need should be included in the
> > init.d/zaptel script.
>
> It has been, for a whie. And then I found myself often calling
> "/etc/init.d/zaptel unload" . But then again, it is not availble on all
> distributions. Then I started using 'genzaptelconf -u' (which replicates
> this code).

You lost me. There is no "unload" in /etc/init.d/zaptel. If there needs
to be one it could just be an alias of "stop".

If there is different logic required for "stop" on different
distributions then it should be incorporated into the script not made
into a separate file.

Sorry but I can't help think I'm not understanding what you are trying
to accomplish here...

John