[asterisk-dev] users and peers (and phones and trunks) ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu Oct 26 09:04:22 MST 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 05:31:15PM +0200, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> We just had that debate a while ago on asterisk-users. Google and you
> will
> find the recap.
>
> Basically: From chan_sips perspective: There's no reason at all
> and it's going away. As you are aware of, I have code in a branch
> that removes the user, which now is integrated into codename
> pineapple.

i am asking because you still seem to keep two different "types"
in your branch (there are small differenced in handling them),
and i don't understand why.

second - if "user" is useless, could'nt we just tell people
"please change "type=user" or "type=friend" to "type=peer"
in your config and everything will go fine ?
(or not even tell them and just remap that underneath while
reading the conf file) ?

 	cheers
	luigi