[asterisk-dev] Pthread wrapper updates

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Oct 26 08:13:17 MST 2006

----- SF Markus Elfring <elfring at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I'd like to get support and acceptance for code updates that will be
> required for correctness.
>
> 1. Introduction of a general termination function
>     http://opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/abort.html
>
> Which parameters would be needed for an "ast_abort"?
>
> 2. Use of "ast_abort" (no "DO_THREAD_CRASH") by the wrapper
> implementations after error detection

I strongly oppose the introduction of this approach.  As I noted before,
I can't imagine any case where aborting the application is the right
thing to do in the case that some sort of minor error condition is
detected.  We should always do our best to deal with error conditions
so that the application continues.

> 3. Change return type to "void" for some interfaces

Sure, for any functions that we determine that the return value is
of no use, this would be fine.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer