[asterisk-dev] Jitter Buffer

Nic Bellamy nicb-lists at vadacom.co.nz
Tue Oct 24 16:43:46 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

>zoachien at securax.org wrote:
>

>>You might for example want it for sip to zap but not from sip to iax,
>>thus if you set it in sip, you will have dejittering for sip in your
>>suggestion.
>>

>As John already pointed out, the current config mechanism is functional,
>but a bit heavy-handed... In your example, if you want jb from SIP to
>Zap but not IAX to Zap, you can't configure that way either.
>
>I'm not suggesting that these are valid configurations for most people,
>but right now there is no way to specify them at all. At some point we
>will need to create a more flexible method of configuring the jitter
>buffer by channel technology and endpoint, it appears.

What about having the capability to override the jitterbuffer settings
from the dialplan?

At that point, you know both where you're coming from and will generally
have a good idea of where you're about to go.

Something along the lines of: SetJitterBuffer(none|incoming|outgoing|both)

I can see this getting tricky in the case of transfers, but it might
work well enough to solve things for most people, most of the time. If
this function isn't used, the JB would use the default scheme dependant
on channel jitter capabilities.

This would likely need the JB moved to ast_read() as KPF mentioned a
couple of messages back before it would work.

Regards,
    Nic.

--
Nic Bellamy,