[asterisk-dev] Jitter Buffer

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Oct 24 15:58:38 MST 2006

zoachien at securax.org wrote:
> You might for example want it for sip to zap but not from sip to iax,
> thus if you set it in sip, you will have dejittering for sip in your
> suggestion.

As John already pointed out, the current config mechanism is functional,
but a bit heavy-handed... In your example, if you want jb from SIP to
Zap but not IAX to Zap, you can't configure that way either.

I'm not suggesting that these are valid configurations for most people,
but right now there is no way to specify them at all. At some point we
will need to create a more flexible method of configuring the jitter
buffer by channel technology and endpoint, it appears.