[asterisk-dev] Bugtracker suggestion

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Mon Oct 16 17:33:01 MST 2006

Stephan said:
> To me it seems that Mantis may not be the perfect bug tracker for a
> project like Asterisk.  I find its usability rather distracting.

Mantis is pretty great for what it does -- force bugs through a process,
and limits users abilities to do certain things.  It gives great granular
control over who can do what in a simple format.

Sure, you might not have been able to delete your own patch, but that
doesn't mean that Mantis is not useful for those who are developing and
constantly using Mantis.  For those that find it annoying for reporting
bugs, oh well.  It's a great developer tool.

Beckman
beckman at purplecow.com                             http://www.purplecow.com/