[asterisk-dev] bug or feature (use From: instead of Digest username to match INVITE) ?

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Sun Oct 15 05:09:09 MST 2006

On 10/12/06 22:04 Jay R. Ashworth said the following:
> How do you fix it here, though?

as suggested in the earlier thread, one workaround was to use different
namespaces for the SIP devices and for extensions. a suggestion was to use
the mac addr for the SIP device, thus creating two namespaces.

another, which is where i think luigi and i agree on, is to use the digest
username for the authentication between two asterisks over a SIP trunk
instead of the From: header.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/