[asterisk-dev] OT: Where Mailing List Replies Should Go

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Oct 9 08:19:26 MST 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 08:40:54AM -0400, J. Oquendo wrote:
> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> >You're familiar with randy bush's paper suggesting that BGP flap
> >dampening was a bad idea?  (I wasn't either, but I ran across it the
> >other day, and it seemed pertinent to mention it here:
> >
> Did YOU actually read the document. If you did you would take the time
> to notice on page 10 it addresses the issues with dampening to get it
> working the way it was intended. So again to reiterate comments on my
> *INVESTIGATED* as a *POSSIBLE* solution to *REMEDY* the issues were
> ideas. They were meant to stimulate discussion to find a FIX for the
> issue. They were not thrown out there as a "I broke this and you can't
> fix it" message. If that were the case these emails would be going to
> the f(ool)ull disclosure list. It's easy to yap away of how everything
> is so wrong wrong wrong without offering anything fruitful other than
> some obnoxious response. Its a lot more inviting to discuss the
> situation as opposed to responding with waste.

I did not, no; that was reasonably clear from the phrasing I chose.  Or
so I thought.  It doesn't justify the tone of your response here,
though, IMHO.

I was *trying* to be helpful.  I won't make that mistake again.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_