[asterisk-dev] autoconf issues for FreeBSD

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Oct 6 09:23:06 MST 2006

----- Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:
> i would really appreciate a --moderately-silent mode, where configure
> reports packages/modules that have not been found, so i can figure
> out whether i did not have them installed, or configure just failed
> to detect them.

This is no change in behavior from previous releases, although there you had no way to do anything about it.

The most obvious answer I can give you is to just run 'make menuselect' and review the modules that won't be built; if you see anything there that you want to be built, then you can re-run configure and give it the relevant information for how to find the dependency libraries of that module (which menuselect shows you). In fact, for most users this will be better, because just the fact that configure did not find XYZ library does not really mean anything if they don't know what parts of Asterisk want to use XYZ library.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer