[asterisk-dev] autoconf issues for FreeBSD

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu Oct 5 23:35:19 MST 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 11:11:46PM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 06:53:51AM -0700, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 03:34:02PM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> > > BTW: I believe ./configure --silent is what you're after.
> >
> > that's a bit too silent, it doesn't report anything :(
>
> Why should it if all's well? If you ask for something explicitly
> (--with-soemthing) and it's not there, you'll get an error.

it depends on what you consider "all well".
The average user doesn't ask for anything explicitly
(the point is to get as much as possible of what is available).
But when there are 300+ checks and 30+ "not found" pieces of software,
i would really appreciate a --moderately-silent mode, where configure
reports packages/modules that have not been found, so i can figure
out whether i did not have them installed, or configure just failed
to detect them.

	cheers
	luigi

> In what cases exactly do you want to get such prompts (but not failing
> of the scripts) in what cases, exactly?

I am not sure how to implement that given that