[asterisk-dev] zaptel build and wct4xxp

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Oct 4 18:49:21 MST 2006

----- Daniel Pocock <daniel at readytechnology.co.uk> wrote:
> Therefore, I guess that to correctly mimick the creation of the Debian
> kernel, I need to do more than just copy .config?

That is correct. The kernel version string needs to be the same as well, or you need to force the modules to be installed into the proper directories.

However, what is usually easier is to just build your own kernel, install it (including 'make modules_install'), and then when you build Zaptel use 'make KVERS=x.x.x', where the x's represent the version you just installed. There is no need for creation of any symlinks nor is there any overlap with any version installed by your distro. I think in your efforts to make it easier you've actually made it harder :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer