[asterisk-dev] zaptel build and wct4xxp

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Wed Oct 4 09:33:25 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

>----- Daniel Pocock <daniel at readytechnology.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>The headers package wasn't installed, however, the source package was
>>unpacked and a symlink /usr/src/linux -> linux-source-2.6.17-2-686 was
>>in place
>>

>That won't work, because EXTRAVERSION in your kernel source will be empty, not '-2'. That means the Zaptel Makefile will try to install the modules for kernel 2.6.17, not 2.6.17-2.
>
>You will also need to use the same compiler version that was used to build your running kernel, or you can get module version mismatches.

I did do the full re-compile, re-install kernel and reboot.  However,
the contents of /usr/src/linux/.config were simply the same as the
.config from the Debian distribution kernel.

I notice if I do grep EXTRAVERS *  I see the following:
conf.vars:EXTRAVERSION     =
Makefile:EXTRAVERSION =
Makefile:KERNELVERSION = $(VERSION).$(PATCHLEVEL).$(SUBLEVEL)$(EXTRAVERSION)

Therefore, I guess that to correctly mimick the creation of the Debian
kernel, I need to do more than just copy .config?

Regards,

Daniel