[asterisk-dev] Another bounty - app_reload

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Wed Oct 4 16:58:36 MST 2006

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>     It seems to me that a dialplan application that functioned just like
> "asterisk -rx reload" would be trivial to write.  Unfortunately, even
> trivial is beyond me...
>
>     So, here is another bounty!  app_reload should be able to initiate a
> reload from the dialplan.  It should also be able to (optionally)
> specify a single module to reload, i.e. chan_sip.so, etc.
>
>     What do you think?  Simple enough?  Tell me your thoughts!

I have wrote a very quick and dirty app_reload.c, but since the only
development box I have access to right this second is RH9 I cannot
compile svn trunk, thus I cannot test it.

I have uploaded the file here:

http://www.nufone.net/downloads/app_reload.c

If someone has a box that can deal with the latest trunk code and will
let me ssh in, I can beat on it some more tonight, otherwise it will
have to wait until I can bring that Rh9 box up to date with a newer distro.

Jeremy