[asterisk-dev] Another bounty - app_reload

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Oct 4 16:02:08 MST 2006

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 October 2006 15:47, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>
>>	So, here is another bounty!  app_reload should be able to initiate a
>>reload from the dialplan.  It should also be able to (optionally)
>>specify a single module to reload, i.e. chan_sip.so, etc.
>

> What's wrong with:
>
> exten => 735623,1,System(/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "reload")
> exten => 735623,n,Hangup
>
> ??
>
> -A.

As I stated before:

"Yes, obviously System("asterisk -rx reload") and other variations would
work.  But does using the System command to launch another Asterisk
process to connect to the already running Asterisk instance over a UNIX
socket to issue a reload bother anyone else?  It sure bothers me...
Wouldn't having a dialplan app to call ast_module_reload be sooo much
simpler?"

--
Kristian Kielhofner