[asterisk-dev] Re: Best practice requested

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 4 00:50:56 MST 2006

In article <28944201.6601159881385565.JavaMail.root at jupiler.digium.com>,
Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> ----- Jeremy McNamara <jj at nufone.net> wrote:
> > It seems we could add a flag to MeetMe to pass thru all DTMF instead
> > of attempting to process it for commands.
>
> As was discussed on this last week, doing so will be non-trivial. The
> way MeetMe audio is mixed does not allow for DTMF frames to be passed
> through the conference.

More specifically, you can pass DTMF through a conference if the source
and destination channels in the conference are Zap channels, and Meetme
has not been told to listen for keypresses itself, (we have a customer
doing so), but you can't (yet) do it when VoIP channels are involved.

To reply to the original question about transferring the channels into
the Meetme, define a dialplan extension which will enter the Meetme
conference, and then in your app, look at using ast_async_goto() on
the relevant channels.

Cheers
Tony
--