[asterisk-dev] [ast-dev] bridging active channels together [fwd]

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 16:57:28 MST 2006

> Thanks for working on this. I had been trying to get this feature into
> Asterisk over a year ago and gave up because none of the core
> developers were interested in adding it.
So you are user "heath1444" in Mantis?

> Maybe if we get enough support behind this it will finally make it into 1.6.(although it was
> supposed to be in the 1.2 tree since it was submitted before the 1.2
> feature deadline 17 months ago)
Yeah! almost a year there, that must be a new record or something :(

> Thanks again for your work,
Thanks to you por supporting this, I think is a very important feature.

Anyway, I have uploaded a new patch in mantis. I will appreciate
comments from anyone. This is what is new in the patch:

+ bridge_exec no longer masquerades 2 channels, since is not needed at
all. It only needs to masquerade into the channel specified in the
application arguments. The other channel is already in the application
because is executing the application.

+ removed some "goto"'s in favor of "return".

+ new member to the structure ast_bridge_thread_obj named "int
return_to_pbx", meant to be set to 1 when is desired go back to the
PBX after the bridge.

+ added AST_DECLARE_APP_ARGS and AST_STANDARD_APP_ARGS for arguments
handling into bridge_exec().

+ Corrected the use of manager_event() and Renamed event from Bridge
to BridgeExec

Again, the link to the bug in mantis:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5841

I know I should post a patch for SVN trunk (I posted for 1.2.12.1),
but my test boxes are 1.2.12.1, I will be working on trunk in the
weekend.

Best Regards
--
"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"