[asterisk-dev] [ast-dev] bridging active channels together [fwd]

Roberto Sottile roberto.sottile at make-it.it
Tue Oct 3 06:16:18 MST 2006

Hello,
   I'm posting this message here because I couldn't get any answer on
the IRC channel and on the asterisk-users mailing list.

I'm encountering the following problem: I have two active asterisk
channels, say SIP/3000-xyzk and Zap/1-1, which are both on a wait
context (i.e., executing the dialplan Wait application).
I'm trying to find a solution for bridging them together, making the two
parties talk to each other.

The first (dirty) solution was to send both channels to the same MeetMe
room, but this is not the ideal one. I just want to establish a
full-duplex communication between them as if one of the two had called
the other.

I did search any document and online source, but with no result.
Possibly I didn't search well.. so I'm asking for your help.

Is there any dialplan application with this behaviour? If not, could you
point me to any hint for building my own dialplan application by myself
- i.e. could you tell me which API functions should be useful to me?

Thank you,
Roberto.