[asterisk-dev] extend IAX2 IE proposal

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Thu Nov 30 00:27:17 MST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Di-Shi Sun wrote:>
> > 2. Our info data will be more than 256 bytes, but less than normal MTU
> > of UDP. As we know that one IE block can only carry 256 or less bytes
> > data. The "Date Length" is a byte. If we use multiple IE blocks, there
> > are two solutions, one is using multiple IE types. Another is using one
> > IE type, but adding a sequence number in DATA. The first one will
> > consume more the identification number resource. The second one will
> > bring some other issues. We want to know if this issue had been discussed.
>
> IAX2 does not currently support having multiple instances of the same IE
> number in a single frame, as far as I know, so I don't think your
> sequence number method would work.

It ain't going to fit in an IE frame type, so you will need a fullframe
type. - It is not really an option to change the IE type (in iax3) to
support larger frames.

Which suggests you will need a new full frame type.
Perhaps an extension of an image frame (copy it, new frame type, change
the meaning bits from image type to something else) or modify the firmware
full frame type. not sure...

Derek.
--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.