[asterisk-dev] app_dictate and AMI

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Nov 29 15:57:04 MST 2006

F. Mitchell Felling II wrote:
> I have a need to not only launch, but control app_dictate from the
> Asterisk Management Interface.  I expected this to be rather simple by
> using the playdtmf action.  However, it seems the DTMF is only played to
> the channel (extension) not to the instance of the dictation app.
>
> Any thoughts on how I could get the dtmf signals sent to the instance of
> the app for control purposes?

You can't 'launch' app_dictate from the Manager interface at all,
although you can create a channel that is talking to it. The problem you
are having is that you need _another_ channel that is bridged to the
first one to send DTMF actions on.

However, where is the audio going to come from if you do this?